Friday, March 21, 2014

Blitz: Bound By Lies By: Hanna Peach


Publication date: January 21st 2014

Genres: Adult, Romance, Suspense






 ~ What's It About~


Adult romantic suspense. +18 years.



Our love is on his terms. He contacts me only through notes − unpredictable and untraceable. When we meet, he can touch me, but I’m not allowed to touch him. When we make love, it’s only after I have been bound and blindfolded. It’s the only time I truly feel alive. Which is why I play along with it. For now.

Caden Thaine is the most sinfully beautiful man I have ever seen. But more than that, his touch sets me on fire. And dear God, do I ache for him. I don’t know where he lives or even what he does. But this doesn’t scare me. My only fear is that one day his messages will stop. I know he’s hiding something. But that’s okay. I am hiding things, too. Like my real name and... who I really am. But the deeper I fall for him, the stronger my curiosity grows.

I could never have imagined just how much our lives are bound. And that pulling at his tangled web of secrets would cause my own dark past to come back to try and reclaim me. Will we survive? Will our love?




 ~Purchase~







~ Excerpt 1~



“You… You’re not mad that I’m not wearing the dress?”
He laughs and the sound rolls over me, silk over gravel. “No. I wouldn’t get mad if you said you didn’t want to do something I asked you to.” He grins and leans closer. “I would instead make it so that you didn’t want to say no.”

His finger strokes along the back of my neck, a light touch that awakens my nerve endings all the way down my back. I have to fight not to visibly shudder. Stupid carnal needy body. I can’t deny that a part of me wants to say yes to him. But he can’t know this. I have to regain my control over this conversation and myself.

“Ha!” I scoff. “You’re so sure of yourself.”

“You think I’m being unnecessarily arrogant.”

“You are.”

“You just think that because you don’t know what’s coming.” He leans his face in close to mine. So close I can feel his breath rushing around my cheeks. His green eyes crackle with fire. “You’ll say yes to me, kitten. 

You’ll say yes to me and only me. You know how I know?”

I shake my head, trying to swallow but failing. The heat emanating off him is so intense it has caused my mouth to go dry. With his nose he nudges my cheek to the side so he can access my neck.

His voice, so low and hot, fucks my ear. “I’m going to make you feel so good that it’ll ruin you for all other men.”

Oh dear God.



~Interview 1~


Q: Firstly, who is the real life Caden and can I get his number? ;)

A: haha, get in line ;) But seriously, Caden isn’t really based on anyone I know (damn).

Q: So, was Caden your favorite character to write?

A: Actually, I loved writing Mick, Kitten’s kickboxing coach. He’s gruff and swears a lot but he’s soft on the inside. I had fun coming up with creative insults for him.

Q: Did you expect the reaction that you got from the book?

A: I knew that this would be the kind of book that people would either love or hate. I didn’t expect that people would be as passionate as they are about which side of the fence they stand on! But I think this is a good thing. I was told by my old writing mentor, “the worst thing for your reader to feel is apathy.” So yes, hate the book or love it, I’m glad it makes you feel something.

Q: Speaking of reactions, what did your dad think about Bound by Lies? (Did you end up letting him read it? Haha)

A: Oh God. Let’s get one thing straight: I didn’t let my dad read Bound. He bought the book and started reading it even after I told him not to. The conversation on how I found out went something like this:
Dad: So I bought your new book, Bound by Lies.
Hanna: WHAT?
Dad: I started reading it.
Hanna: OMG NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dad: Wow... It's a little hot.
Hanna: *jumps out of window*
I refused to continue that conversation with him. I really really don’t need to know what he thinks about all this… I can always deny I wrote it, right?

Q: So if you didn’t want your family reading it, why did you choose to write under your real name?

A: I did consider a pen name but in the end I decided not to. I think that part of my purpose as a writer is to express myself as openly and as truthfully as possible. The reason behind why I was considering a pen name is because of how I thought people would judge me based on the kind of book Bound by Lies is. I joke about not wanting my family or friends to read the novel but really, it doesn’t bother me.

Q: And Jacob *shudders*… what part of him is the “truth”?

A:I had an ex-boyfriend who I used as a basis for developing Jacob’s character; the possessiveness, the jealousy, the sex and even some of the things that Jacob would say to Kitten were exact things that he would say to me. Thankfully I left before my situation escalated into physical violence. But there are a lot of women who don’t and unfortunately I’ve known some. I think part of the reason is that we don’t recognize the signs. That’s why I’m not going to hide my experience from the world. Silence only helps to allow these kinds of abusive relationships to continue. Something I share might help someone else recognize a bad situation before it does escalate.

Q: Whoa. Ok. Let’s end with a nice light question then. If your book was made into a movie who would you pick as your cast?

A: Well, I can’t talk about Kitten because she hasn’t revealed what she looks like (for her own safety, you know)… but Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo from TV series Game of Thrones) is what I imagine Caden to look like. *wipes drool off chin*


~Guest Post~


Top 5 tips for surviving life on the run By “Kitten”


#5. Don’t use your real name. (No s**t Sherlock.)

#4. The less information that you give people is better. No birthdays, no childhood stories, no letting anyone in on your past. Yeah, that means no birthday presents. Get over it. Getting to stay alive for one more day is your present.

#3. Learn how to defend yourself - take up kickboxing, buy a gun and learn how to use it, or even better, do both.

#2. Keep a bag of cash and a set of clothes in your car (registered under a false name, of course - see tip #5 again) at all times, just in case you have to take off in a hurry. This also means don’t buy anything you’re going to be upset about leaving behind. Yep, this means curbing your shoe fetish unless your fetish is for comfortable trainers in which you can run.

#1. Don’t trust anyone. Not even if you fall in love with them. Especially if you fall in love with them.




~Interview 2~


Q: Spill! How much of the sexy scenes are true to life ;)

A: Haha… A lady never kisses and tells (or in this case, kinks and tells)

Q: But surely you did research, riiiiight?

A: I did but it’s not what you’re thinking. My research was mainly around kick-boxing, shooting guns and investigation techniques with which a friend helped me.

Q: Good Lord! Your friend sounds like a badass.

A: He is. A little. But don’t go looking for him in the acknowledgments. He didn’t want to be named.

Q: Sounds like a real life Caden…

A: haha, I guess it does a little. But really their personalities are completely different.

Q: You released three urban fantasy books before Bound by Lies. Why did you decide to change genres?

A: I didn’t decide anything! The story wanted to be written and so it was. I read across most genres so it only makes sense to end up writing in the genres I read. It’s probably not a good “marketing” move to change genres. But I don’t care. I write partly as an expression of self and part of why I love being an indie author is that I get to make decisions based on my creativity, not based on marketing.

Q: You seem to have a lot of insight into the abusive relationship that the heroine was in - is this an issue you hold close?

A: I had an ex-boyfriend who I used as a basis for develop Jacob’s character; the possessiveness, the jealousy, the sex, even some of the things that Jacob would say to Kitten were exact things that he would say to me. Thankfully I left before my situation escalated into physical violence. But there are a lot of women who don’t and unfortunately I’ve known some. I think part of the reason is that we don’t recognize the signs. That’s why I’m not going to hide my experience from the world. Silence only helps to allow these kinds of abusive relationships to continue. Something I share might help someone else recognize a bad situation before it does escalate.

Q: Were you worried about what your family would think about Bound by Lies?

A: I actually banned them from reading it. But my dad bought the book and started reading it even after I told him not to. The conversation on how I found went something like this:
Dad: So I bought your new book, Bound by Lies.
Hanna: WHAT?
Dad: I started reading it.
Hanna: OMG NO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dad: Wow... It's a little hot.
Hanna: *jumps out of window*

I refused to continue that conversation with him. I really really don’t need to know what he thinks about all this… I can always deny I wrote it, right?


~Guest Post 2~


Interview with Mick O’Leary (“Kitten’s” kickboxing coach and friend)


Hanna: Thanks for coming in Mick.

Mick: Let’s just cut the formality and get to it. I don’t have much time.

Hanna: Right. So we can get the readers up to speed, can you tell me about your relationship with Kitten?

Mick: I’m her kickboxing coach. Been whooping her ass into shape for 6-7 months now.

Hanna: She any good?

Mick: My grandma hits harder than her and her kick is weak as knat’s piss… but she’s got grit that kid does. All and all, she ain’t bad.

Hanna: So. *clears throat* It’s been three days since Kitten disappeared. How are you feeling?

Mick: How the f**k do you think I’m feeling? I’m losing my damn mind. Feel as useful as tits on a bull.

Hanna: Do you have any idea where or why she’s gone?

Mick: If I did I’d be there lookin’. But ain’t no doubt, it’s got something to do with Caden Thaine.

Hanna: Who’s Caden?

Mick: *snorts* Who’s Caden. Nobody knows who Caden is. Not even she does. But I can bet you any money he’s got something to do with her disappearing.

Hanna: But I thought they were seeing each other.

Mick: *shakes head* They are… were… I don’t know. I f**kin’ wish I did.

Hanna: You sound like you look out for her.

Mick: Somebody’s got to. She usually calls me when she needs… help.

Hanna: Help? What kind of help?

 Mick: *eyes dart around the room* Help that you can’t ask the cops for, if you know what I mean.

Hanna: Just in case she’s reading this, is there anything you want to say to her?

Mick: Yeh. If you’re listening kid, you get on the phone right now and call me so I can yell at you for not calling sooner and putting an old man out of his misery. Some people are worried ‘bout ya or something.

Hanna: Okay. Thanks again for coming in Mick.


~Excerpt 2~


“I suppose you want to come in?” I say trying to keep the shake out of my voice.

He smiles. “No, kitten.”

I blink at him, stunned. No?

He leans close to me, so close I can make out the dapple of the lighter jade in his irises. Then he continues in that dark chocolate voice that turns my insides out, “You don’t believe this yet. But you are a woman who deserves to be taken slowly. And I intend to do just that.”

Now I can’t move.

And I can’t tear my eyes from him.

And I am both terrified and soaring because I think he might kiss me.

I close my eyes and inhale as he leans in. And my mouth parts…

But his lips brush softly on my cheek. Like a single drop of rain rolling off a leaf.

“Be good, kitten.”

And he walks away, leaving me stunned and confused and shaking in my heels from unfulfilled desire.





~Meet The Author~



Hanna began to write at the tender age of seven, starting with a daring and questionable autobiography entitled Go Suck a Lemon. Perhaps it was a little before its time.
After leaving school she agreed with everyone who said she needed to get a degree and a real job to become a proper adult. She kept writing as a hobby. After starting (and never finishing) several degrees and switching from multiple careers, she finally decided that being a real adult was overrated. In 2012, she sold everything, moved to Europe and began to write full-time.
Eternally restless, Hanna has lived in Indonesia, Australia, Germany and Scotland. She is currently residing in England.
She is addicted to coffee and chocolate and would one day like to own a dragon.
Hanna Peach is the author of the Dark Angel urban fantasy series and Bound romantic suspense series. Angelblood (Dark Angel #4) and Bound by Fear (Bound #2) are due for publication in 2014.



Connect With The Author



 ~Giveaway~




Blitz-wide giveaway






Prizes - Open to US and UK
-Signed copy of Bound by Lies





No comments:

Post a Comment